Howard Humphreys’ roots go back to London, United Kingdom, where in 1899, the original owners first set up their practice. Howard Humphreys first registered their local practice in the 1930’s and since then have successfully completed numerous major projects in the region. At the end of 1999, ownership of the Kenyan practice was transferred to its Kenyan staff, who established Howard Humphreys (East Africa) Ltd. In October 2016 Howard Humphreys (East Africa) Ltd was acquired by WS Atkins International Limited (part of the SNC-Lavalin Group) who retained ownership up to June 2021 when they made a strategic decision to exit the Africa Region. In July 2021, following a management but out, Howard Humphreys (East Africa) Ltd reverted to local ownership with majority shareholding by Kenyan Engineers registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya.